PROGRESSIVE FLOORING & SERVICES COMMITMENT TO OUR CUSTOMERS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS & THE COMMUNITY
Progressive Flooring and Services focus at this time is the health and safety of all. We have chosen to follow the State of Ohio Guiding Principles to Protect the health of employees, customers, and their families, while supporting community efforts to control the spread of the virus and lead in responsibly getting Ohio back to work. In support of this we actively and continually communicate all COVID-19 information via clear announcements; signage posted throughout offices and warehouse facilities, and via email, as well as on our own internal company intranet site.
We have a plan in place and will continue to monitor the latest updates on this situation. As we gain greater insight, we will of course, continue to revise our internal health and safety policies and procedures as necessary, to keep you and our employees safe.
In order to maintain optimal safety, health, and hygiene, the following protocols are in place:
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged
- Maintain good hygiene at all times
- Employees are to continue working at home whenever possible and when feasible with business operations
- Hand sanitizer is located throughout offices and warehouse facilities
- Daily sign In sheets are provided at each location and temperature taking and tracking is required by employees
- Health Questionnaire for symptoms must be completed daily by on duty employees
- Face coverings are required at office (unless in an enclosed office), during meetings and on all job sites
- No hand shaking
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more – workstations / offices maintain proper distancing
- No GATHERING in break rooms / lunchrooms
- Face masks required for any guest arriving at, or visiting facilities
- Temperature taking required for any guest arriving at facilities
- Designated employee entrances
- Proper cough and sneeze etiquette is encouraged; covering mouth / nose with a tissue, followed by proper disposal of tissue and then by hand sanitizer or hand washing
- Sick or symptomatic employees are to stay home
- Employees are required to stay home if they have a fever of 100 or higher
- No one should report to work if they have had a fever, until such time that they are fever free for 72 hours without use of medications
- No one should report to work if they have a family member with a fever and they should remain home until that family member has been fever free for 72 hours without use of medications
- Offices sanitized regularly using NSF hospital-grade antiseptics and EPA approved sanitizers, for use against harmful
bacteria and viruses, including of course, coronavirus that causes COVID-19
- Office high touch areas are also disinfected weekly by cleaning company
SUPPORTING OUR WORKFORCE
Progressive Flooring & Services focus is the health and safety of all employees, contractors, clients, and customers during the re-opening process of restaurants, movie theaters, retail stores, and any other commercial properties. In order to maintain and promote positive health-safe environments all our team members follow these protocols:
- Follow detailed updates on the coronavirus from the CDC and WHO, as well as federal, state, and local governmental guideline updates and ongoing announcements
- Follow the most current safe practice protocols in all offices, warehouses, company vehicles, and on client jobsites
- Constant communication with all COVID-19 established workforce teams
- Before starting a work-shift you must take your temperature and it can be no higher than 99 degrees; crew leader is to verify. If you have a high fever you must stay home or in the hotel. You have to be fever free for 72 hrs. before returning to work
- Before starting work-shift you must complete a COVID-19 health assessment questionnaire; crew leader is to verify. If you have two or more of the symptoms, you are to stay home or stay in the hotel
- All workers must have company identification with a photo ID; if ID has no photo then you must also have a personal ID. A work order must also be provided to the client.
- Mandatory and frequent handwashing of 20 seconds or more in offices, warehouses, and jobsites is required
- Use hand sanitizer provided in all facilities and company vehicles
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more
- Do not shake hands or touch other persons
- Wear face coverings at the jobsite
- Wear gloves at the jobsite
- Do not share tools or equipment; if you have to share, then sanitize after use
- After each work-shift sanitize all tools, equipment, work vehicles, and jobsite surfaces
- Do not leave any materials, tools, equipment, or debris at the jobsite
- If you cough or sneeze, please try to use a disposable tissue held up to mouth and nose. Dispose of tissue and wash or sanitize hands afterwards. If you have no tissue please sneeze or cough inside elbow
- If you have traveled out of the country; you must isolate yourself at home for 14 days before being on a jobsite
- If you have been in contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19 you are to stay at home and stay self-quarantined for 14 days
As always, but most especially during these challenging times, Progressive Flooring & Services strive to keep every onsite environment safe, clean, and protected. We take great care in methodically and meticulously maintaining and preserving our Clients’ premises and locations during active projects. From check-in, to each workday’s completion, here are the health and safety measures we employ to help ensure a secure, COVID-19 free onsite Client environment:
ON SITE CLIENT SAFETY
- Before going to any jobsite, all team members are to take their temperature and record the results on the temperature log form. Crew leaders must confirm all team members’ compliance to this health measure
- Upon arrival at designated jobsites, crew leaders shall meet with the client’s point of contact in order to review job scope, plan, and all safe practice COVID-19 protocol guidelines before initializing any work. Additionally, crew leaders will take this opportunity in asking points of contact about any special requests or onsite requirements
- All crew leaders are to wear a protective mask and gloves along with brand compliant Progressive apparel (shirt or cap)
- Before entering the premise or commencing work, the crew is to wait outside until the crew leader has completed this preliminary meeting with the client contact person, and work is approved to begin
- Crew leaders shall review with team members all safety protocols, plans, and any additional requirements the client contact may have made prior to work commencement
- Crew members will wear protective masks and gloves. All sanitized tools, equipment, and materials for the project will be staged in personal toolboxes 6’ apart. Keep 6’ social distance while working
- The entire crew will keep protective masks and gloves on while client, client point person(s), or team members are in the building
- While working during an assigned work shift, team members will wash hands and use hand sanitizer approximately every two hours. All work areas, stations, and tools will be sanitized periodically throughout the day’s shift
- Upon completion of the scheduled work shift all equipment, tools, materials, and debris will be removed. Unless previously agreed upon by client contact person, nothing will be stored at the jobsite or outside the building’s premises
- At close of work shift, jobsite will be swept, vacuumed, and all hard surfaces wiped down and sanitized
- Crew leader shall wash/sanitize their hands then perform a final walkthrough with on duty client contact person. Crew leader shall wear protective gloves and mask during this walkthrough. Simultaneously, crewmembers are to personally sanitize themselves, their tools, equipment, and vehicles.
SUPPORTING OUR EMPLOYEES
Living Our Core Values Through Empathy
At Progressive Flooring and Services our focus is the health and safety of all employees during the Getting Ohio Back To Work following the pandemic of the COVID-19. However, our concern for our employees did not begin there; it began weeks before when Ohio shut down.
During the beginning of the Stay at Home Order, Progressive made the only choice we could feasibly consider at the time –– pay every employee their full wages during the pandemic. Not a single person was furloughed, laid off or given a reduction in pay.
The decision was simple. After all, we view our employees as an extension of our family and
Acting with Empathy is at the center of our Core Values. Therefore, we shut down our offices to only critical staff for a few hours on critical days, advised employees who needed to work, to do so from home and encouraged our employees to be with their
children while they were no longer in school. We provided laptops, printers and office supplies to all who needed them.
Today, we are back in the offices with reduced staff and continue to encourage those who can, to work from home. We have opened our offices with many well thought out safety protocols. These procedures are are being strictly adhered to and this helps keep our extended family’s (employees’) health and safety at the forefront of our operations.
We know we are emerging from this pandemic with a “new normal” and many things will be different from the world we had become accustomed to. At Progressive Flooring and Services, we are proud
to say that our “new normal” includes an entire team and family of employees who know they are appreciated. Yes, we are all anxious to get back to work, but because of this experience we will do so with a greater humility than ever before.
Acting with Empathy. That’s Progressive’s Core Value.
SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITIES
In the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic, we strive to keep our customers, employees, partners and communities safe and healthy.
We enhance environments of business, we improve the quality of community, we advance the greater good, globally. That’s the Progressive promise.